Premera Blue Cross Case Manager (RN) in Anchorage, Alaska
Be part of a team that reinvents healthcare and go to work every day to improve peoples’ lives.
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a RN Case Manager,you will use an integrated (physical/mental health) case management model, and a collaborative, relationship-based approach with members, providers and caregivers to assist high-risk members to improve their health outcomes. Case managers provide a comprehensive, integrated health assessment of member's current situation and status and identify actionable barriers and obtainable goals to achieve optimal self-care management.
What you’ll do:
- Utilize the integrated case management model to partner with members, health care providers and member’s caregivers to identify and address clinical and non-clinical barriers to member’s optimal health.
- Conduct relationship-based assessments and develop collaborative care plans that support member’s self-management of their conditions including pre and post discharge follow up.
- Advocate for members and promote self-advocacy; assist members to obtain appropriate quality care within their benefit plan.
- Utilize evidenced-based techniques to promote behavior changes. Monitor member's progress toward goals.
- Provide care coordination between providers for poly-chronic and high risk members. Facilitate the coordination, communication and collaboration among the member's providers.
- Identify resources in the community or within the member's natural support system to fill any gaps within their benefit plan.
- Improve our customer’s lives by making healthcare work better!
What you’ll bring:
- Current registered nurse (RN, ARNP, etc)
- Have Certified Case Manager (CCM) certification or obtain certification within 24 months of hire
- The desire to hear from the customer: “You take great care of me and made it simple and easy.”
What we offer:
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Job Title: Case Manager (RN)
Job ID: 11707
Location: Anchorage, AK
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.