Premera Blue Cross Digital Product Manager - Emerging Solutions in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
Premera’s Digital team works to make the customer experience personal and intuitive by embedding the customer’s voice in everything we do. We’ve got an eager, dedicated team ready to work hard to make the digital customer experience the best in the industry.
As a Digital Product Manager, Emerging Solutions you will work closely with the customer experience and innovation teams including product managers, analysts, researchers, designers, content strategists and developers, translating customer wishes and needs into digital experiences with a focus on partnering with the innovation team.
What you’ll do
- Understand and empathize with customers' problems and unmet needs in order to uncover customer focused solution(s).
- Become the Digital enterprise liason between Innovation Team and the Digital/CX team.
- Program manage transitionary Innovation team products/feature to the Digital/CX team.
- Be the subject matter expert for product(s), including its user interface, back end, performance metrics and system performance.
- Build products that create value for our customers collaborating with a cross functional product team, including user experience designers, developers, and content editors.
- May also work with third party vendor where appropriate.
- Oversee the development (from inception to launch) of assigned Products and use data and performance metrics to constantly improve the features and performance of those products.
- Analyze product performance metrics to optimize the performance of product and prioritize defects and new feature requests. Monitor system performance, analyze problems, monitor usage, practices and trends to identify potential problems and communicate issues to management and team for resolution. Document and submit defects for back end systems in cases where the back end is affecting the digital user experience.
- Own and manage product backlog for assigned product(s).
- Understand and document dependencies on data sources, web services and/or third party vendor applications. Work with other IT teams to identify and document impacts on digital systems from changes in back end systems.
- Respond to system outages and incidents; troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis and communicate with stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including user experience, IT, QA, analytics and marketing.
- Lead idea generation, gap identification, feature prioritization and feature definition for mobile capabilities that share technical resources.
* What you bring*
- Bachelors degree or 4 years relevant work experience
- Product management experience in retail, or in financial services or other highly regulated industry.
- Knowledge of popular mobile channels like Text Messaging (SMS) and Push Notifications as well as platforms (Android, iOS, and Windows), including consumer behavior, UX approaches and development methods.
- Superior analytical skills to support metrics and fact based reporting to drive decisions.
- Customer focused: ability to see a problem from the customer's point of view.
- Experience using mobile analytics tools.
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Job Title: Digital Product Manager - Emerging Solutions
Job ID: 11776
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.