Premera Blue Cross Healthcare Implementation Manager in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Healthcare Implementation Manager for our team, you will participate in the evaluation of medical management, provider engagement and implementation of healthcare programs. , This often includes researching competitors, evaluating claim system capabilities, and collaborating with other areas in Premera. You will work on projects that are moderate to complex and may be over a several month timeline. You will apply your business expertise, healthcare knowledge, systems thinking, analytical capability, and program/project management to anticipate and plan for optimal implementation of improvements and enhancements in support of improved outcomes for our customers.
What you’ll do
• Work with internal/external customers who may include leadership to develop and refine medical management, contracting and provider engagement opportunities
• Research, analyze, develop, plan and lead implementation of Healthcare Services program changes and enhancements which may include developing full implementation plans, and establishing metrics and benchmarks for evaluating outcomes
• Act as a Healthcare Specialist providing guidance when possible and engaging others as needed in order to achieve objectives
• Provide healthcare program expertise and consulting to Sales, Marketing, and Operations as needed
• Collect and analyze data using a variety of tools and methods, prepare preliminary interpretations and reports, and summarize results
• Perform independent analyses for a broad array of complex issues, then identify and recommend action steps based on analytic results to stakeholders
• Manage execution of project/program deliverables, including development of goals, objectives and roadmaps
• Lead and motivate teams, guide and mentor others and cultivate strong working relationships to ensure business efficiency and effectiveness
• Engage and consult with all levels to develop and deliver on new projects and programs, and provide regular updates to officers on progress
• Establish proper departmental communication strategy and provide proactive project communications in partnership with Corporate Communications
What you’ll bring
• Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) year’s work experience
• Five (5) years health care industry consulting experience or equivalent combined in program, project, and change management
• Five (5) years of experience in developing, implementing, training and supporting new or existing strategic programs and processes
• PMI-ACP/PMP Certification or working towards it
• Ability to:
o Identify issues and propose methodological solutions
o Conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
o Handle multiple tasks in various stages of completion effectively
o Work well under pressure and meet timelines
o Build effective work teams and develops flexible approaches
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access
• Working knowledge of the healthcare industry and other integrated solution products (health, welfare, complimentary, ancillary, etc.)
• Strong customer/member experience and relationship skills
• Systems thinking in program/project management, process improvement, and understanding both technical and non-technical infrastructure
What we offer
Medical, vision and dental coverage
Life and disability insurance
Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
Equal employment opportunity/affirmative action:
Premera is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
If you need an accommodation to apply online for positions at Premera, please contact Premera Human Resources via email at email@example.com or via phone at 425-918-4785.
At Premera, we make healthcare work better. By focusing on improving our customers’ experience purposefully and serving their needs passionately, we make the process easier, less costly, and more positive. Through empathy and advocacy, we change lives.
As the leading health plan in the Pacific Northwest, we provide comprehensive health benefits and services to more than 2 million customers, from individuals to Fortune 100 companies. Our services include innovative programs focused on health management, wellness, prevention, and patient safety. We deliver these programs through health, life, vision, dental, disability, and other related products and services.
Premera Blue Cross is headquartered in Mountlake Terrace, WA, with operations in Spokane and Anchorage. The company has operated in Washington since 1933 and in Alaska since 1952. With more than 80 years of experience in the region, we deliver innovation, choice, and expertise.