Premera Blue Cross Mailroom Specialist in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Mailroom Specialist on the Mailing Services team, you will be responsible for processing all company mail by sorting and distributing incoming, inter-office and outgoing mail. You will get to work away from a desk with duties that include hand-sorting mail, assisting with the operation of high-speed mail inserters and sorters, and delivering and handling parcels on our Mountlake Terrace campus.
*What you’ll do *
- Identify, sort, file, batch, and route interoffice and incoming mail
- Provide guidance and best practices on project and planning resources
- Manage strategic relationships with preferred vendors and suppliers
- Work cross functionally to maximize cost savings, quality, and service
What you’ll bring
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A current and valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a vehicle background check conducted by Human Resources
The following have been identified as essential physical requirements of this job and must be performed with or without an accommodation:
- Ability to push and pull up to 70 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (1 hour or more) frequently.
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Ability to use either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes.
- Ability to move about campus to distribute items.
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Job Title: Mailroom Specialist
Job ID: 11781
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.