Premera Blue Cross Manager - Healthcare Reporting & Analysis in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As the Manager of Analytics and Reporting for our Corporate Data & Analytics team, you will lead a dynamic team of multi-disciplinary analysts to support the design, construction, implementation and rollout of analytic and reporting products. To be successful in this role, you should be passionate about working with large datasets and be someone who enjoys transforming data into actionable insights and taking a data-driven approach to solving complex business problems. You’ll play an integral role in strategic decision-making and you will have a solid understanding of efficient and scalable data mining and an ability to use the data in financial and statistical modeling. You will be adept at finding the story in the data and can effectively tell that story to executives through visualizations and presentations. You will also be expected to develop and implement iterative work processes to support rapid development/testing and rollout of analytic and reporting tools, techniques, and deliverables for department managers, Premera executives, and customers.
What you’ll do
- Manage (hire, coach, develop and manage performance) a team of analysts with specialized expertise in statistics, healthcare informatics, clinical program development, computer programming, data visualization and automated reporting, and database management
- Manage the creation of work products that monitor, analyze and report care delivery, operational productivity, and financial information to a broad constituency of internal and external stakeholders
- Assure validity of analytic work product design and accuracy of reported results using own knowledge, and by instituting and assuring use of peer review processes.
- Communicate complex concepts, processes, analytical findings and conclusions to a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization effectively
- Deliver business analytics, understand the key drivers of performance (e.g. customer acquisitions or retentions and return on investment) and key data sources across the enterprise
- Lead complex projects related to a wide variety of financial, utilization, and clinical business needs using AGILE methods
- Design and implement Premera analytic and reporting requirements to support strategic initiatives and provide actionable information to assist Premera divisions in meeting their objectives
- Test and evaluate new analytic and reporting toolsets to increase the value of analytic deliverables to customers, or increase the productivity of analytic teams
- Interpret and apply standard industry grouping techniques such as DxCGs, ETGs, ACGs, AP-DRGs, APR-DRGs as needed within analytic work
- Coordinate work with other Premera analytic teams as necessary to retrieve data to support analyses
- Institute and manage a continuous learning environment within the analytic team to assure Premera maintains a market differentiation in the application of new technologies, methods, and skillsets
- Contribute to development of the long-term Analytics strategy and vision for the organization that is crafted with business partners across technical, development, retail, and operational teams
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business, information systems or a related area
- 7 years of experience in business analytics, business intelligence and analytical reporting in the health care industry and two years of previous management experience
- Strong understanding of Big Data and open source technologies
- Experience in data visualization and reporting, preferably in Tableau
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills; knowledge of SQL and advanced Excel skills necessary in order to develop hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations, and drive actions
- Proven hands-on experience utilizing SAS, R, or open source tools such as Python.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Data Science or related quantitative degree would be a plus
- Experience writing SQL on Teradata, and Hadoop/Hive environments is highly desired
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Job Title: Manager - Healthcare Reporting & Analysis
Job ID: 11796
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.