Premera Blue Cross Senior Systems Administrator - IT Applications in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Senior Systems Administratorfor our IT Applications team, you will have the opportunity to provide technical support, application specific integration engineering and systems administration process and automation on the Enterprise Applications Engineering team. You’ll utilize problem management tracking tools to determine service delivery trends, resolve technical issues associated with all environments through production and effectively guide department efforts leading to long term problem resolution. Your work will increase up time for the organization and provide more performant systems.
*What you’ll do *
- Evaluate, design, and integrate complex client server solutions for service specific applications and enterprise service offerings
- Manage upgrades, package deployments, and methodology and process improvements
- Develop capacity planning, performance tuning and optimization processes for established systems, hosting solutions and enterprise services
- Provide Tier III support assisting other system administrators, as well as providing 24/7 support.
- Develop and update test plans and processes for software/hardware configuration modifications and upgrades. Conduct testing, and document results
- Work directly with business customers to identify requirements and create technical solutions in concert with Architecture and Server Engineering teams to satisfy those requirements
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or 4 years’ relevant experience
- 7 years’ experience in technical support, administration and engineering of client/server, middleware and/or mainframe applications, hardware or operating systems
- Exposure to large-scale, clustered 24/7 enterprise systems
- Strong communication and desire to collaborate
- Available for on call and occasional evenings/weekends
- Agile experience preferred
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Job Title: Senior Systems Administrator - IT Applications
Job ID: 11800
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.