Premera Blue Cross Software Development Engineer II - Digital Solutions in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
We are seeking a highly motivated, customer-obsessed, team-oriented Software Development Engineer IIto join our Digital Solutionsteam to work on Mobile Solutions, Customer Feedback Solutions, Enterprise Services Solutions and other relevant digital solutions.
If you get excited by the idea of solving hard technical challenges and to ultimately help develop compelling solutions for our customers, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Develop, modify and maintain applications using agile methodologies such as Xtreme programming, Test driven development, and pair programming.
- Provide design and technical consulting expertise for small to medium sized projects
- Collaborate with team members to create and own digital solutions
- Analyze and resolve medium to large, moderately complex production problems
- Participate in on-call production support rotation, as needed
- Initiate a personal training plan, continue acquiring skills and knowledge, and become the best in your area
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field or four (4) years’ work experience in Information Technology
- One + years’ application development experience utilizing C#, .Net, Azure, and SQL
- Experience in creating or maintaining services or utilizing service-driven design a plus
- Familiar with Agile and SCRUM methodologies and can apply
- Customer-focused with demonstrated experience and ability to identify and assess root issues and resolve to customer's satisfaction
- Excellent communication, sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
What we offer:
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Software Development Engineer II - Digital Solutions
Job ID: 11774
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.