Premera Blue Cross Software Development Engineer III - EDI in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Software Development Engineer III in IT Applications you will be supporting the EDI team. This team is instrumental in supporting the tools that provide providers with electronic claims and eligibility information. You will develop and maintain a variety of custom applications in an agile environment.
Premera is undergoing a technology transformation and you will help drive the future of applications.
* What you’ll do*
- Participate in analysis, design, and new development of EDI applications in a fast paced environment
- Translate business process software requirement specifications into process model prototypes and solutions
- Design and implement new features and make improvements to existing features
- Build code in an agile delivery method with a focus on continuous improvement
- Creating testable code with a passion for quality
- Focus on automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- As an agile team you will triage, fix, and communicate production issues
- Prepare and maintain system, application, and program level documentation as needed
- Demo the technology you build, incorporate feedback received from stakeholders
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or 4 years’ work experience in Information Technology
- 5 years’ experience in information technology, application development, systems development, or production systems
- Proven experience with C#, .Net, and SQL
- Passion for working in an agile environment
- Ability to translate technical talk into non-technical terms
- A healthy curiosity and willingness to seek information and understanding
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Job Title: Software Development Engineer III - EDI
Job ID: 11797
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.