Premera Blue Cross Strategic Programs Director in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
The Strategic Program Director will lead the team responsible for developing and managing a complex enterprise-level portfolio of programs/projects with a multi-year roadmaps. Additionally, the Strategic Program Director will support Premera’s Executive Leadership Team and Strategy Office by leading multiple disciplines to accomplish the company’s long-term goals.
Successful candidates will commit Premera resources to accomplishing strategies and will ensure business objectives are met.
What you’ll do
- Consult and partner with senior and executive leaders to identify strategic business initiatives and ensure best-in-class approach from business case through execution
- Ensure that the overall program/project portfolio structure and process enable the teams to successfully achieve strategic goals.
- Provide corporate leadership for large-scale programs/projects through integration of efforts across the various project management offices, shared service groups and business segments
- Identify and resolve operational and financial issues collaboratively with other divisions as they arise.
- Collaborate with other leaders to synthesize or integrate work plans and resources.
- Develop and communicate expectations with success measures for teams and partners
- Ensure portfolio delivers value to Premera through tangible benefits and measurable outcomes, both financial and non-financial
- Communicate both verbally and in written format with all audiences within the organization including executive leaders and occasionally produce materials for the Board of Directors
- Oversee adoption planning as part of the implementation phase and manages transition of work and responsibilities to appropriate teams as part of program/project close-out phase
What you’ll bring
- Executive presence that communicates vision, inspires and motivates
- Clear, strategic vision and the ability to translate vision to business results.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare, or technology management or related field
- Ten (10) years in a project environment, or business experience that includes five (5) years in a program environment
- A proven history of fostering teamwork and collaboration across multiple functional areas with competing priorities
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Job Title: Strategic Programs Director
Job ID: 11785
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.