Premera Blue Cross Systems Administrator III Corporate Data & Analytics in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Systems Administrator III for our Corporate Data and Analytics team, you will be part of a highly innovative team with a big mission. You will be drawing on your advanced knowledge and experience managing systems (Linux and Windows) for integration and support while providing foundational networking and securities with innovative technologies. You will pioneer new, efficient, fast-track development approaches that set the standard for the industry and help make our customers’ lives better by improving their healthcare. The team leans toward innovation and rapid delivery of Advanced Analytics, Statistical Analysis, and game-changing Application Development. The work is key to Corporate Strategy decisions and leads the company with new, innovative approaches to make healthcare simpler for our customers. In this position, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the IT systems that support a growing practice centered on Big Data and Data Science. You will be working emerging data management technologies (Hadoop, DataStage, Attunity NoSQL, etc.). You will be a key player on the team that delivers HIPAA compliant (secure), data-driven solutions to improve health care by enabling members and providers with flexible, accessible tools to provide transparency in health care decisions and increase patient safety.
What you’ll do
• Respond to client/server, middleware applications, hardware or operating systems-based issues
• Lead team members in troubleshooting and performing root-cause analysis for resolving problems that have multiple dependencies
• Develop documentation and participate in planning meetings, often acting as liaison between applications developers, customers and other IT team members
• Consult regarding implementation of business applications, hardware or operating systems
• Manage significant IT projects, including recurring work and software/hardware enhancements
• Oversee phases to ensure timely completion of projects
• Perform systems monitoring and diagnostics and create standard work for the team
MUST BE WILLING AND ABLE TO PROVIDE AFTER-HOURS AND WEEKEND SUPPORT WHERE NECESSARY, IN A 24/7 SYSTEM AVAILABILITY MODEL
What you’ll bring
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field or four (4) years’ work experience
• Five (5) years’ work experience in technical support, administration and engineering of client/server, hardware or operating systems
• One or more of the following certifications: A+, MCP, MCSA and MCSE would be nice to have
• Basic understanding of healthcare insurance and claim processing is desirable
• Exposure to large-scale, clustered systems would be a plus
• Experience with DataStage and Attunity are highly desired
• Senior-level technical knowledge encompassing the following:
○ Hardware troubleshooting skills
○ ITIL standards
○ Client/server, hardware or operating systems.
○ Active directory and group policy
○ Microsoft Office
○ Application or system-monitoring tools (SCOM or Nagios are desirable)
○ Scripting for server maintenance and process execution (PowerShell, Visual Basic, Etc.)
• Ability to:
○ Collaborate across functions and departments,
○ Identify root as well as all aspects of an issue and resolve
○ Be flexible with changing priorities, demands and requests
What we offer
Medical, vision and dental coverage
Life and disability insurance
Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
Equal employment opportunity/affirmative action:
Premera is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
If you need an accommodation to apply online for positions at Premera, please contact Premera Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 425-918-4785.
At Premera, we make healthcare work better. By focusing on improving our customers’ experience purposefully and serving their needs passionately, we make the process easier, less costly, and more positive. Through empathy and advocacy, we change lives.
As the leading health plan in the Pacific Northwest, we provide comprehensive health benefits and services to more than 2 million customers, from individuals to Fortune 100 companies. Our services include innovative programs focused on health management, wellness, prevention, and patient safety. We deliver these programs through health, life, vision, dental, disability, and other related products and services.
Premera Blue Cross is headquartered in Mountlake Terrace, WA, with operations in Spokane and Anchorage. The company has operated in Washington since 1933 and in Alaska since 1952. With more than 80 years of experience in the region, we deliver innovation, choice, and expertise.