Premera Blue Cross Senior Maintenance Technician in Spokane, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a* Senior Maintenance Technician,* you will perform and assist in the oversight of troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and corrective repairs to building systems. You will work independently to address any necessary repairs assure safety standards are met and building systems and equipment are operational and compliant with applicable codes and manufacturer recommendations. The Sr. Maintenance Technician is a vital role on a dynamic Facilities team that is working to mature Premera’s work spaces and move the organization into the future.
*What you’ll do *
- Responds to general work requests, performing general maintenance tasks and overseeing event set-ups and events occurring on campus or within buildings
- Oversee, inspect, and perform advanced repairs or maintenance to building systems and components of those systems
- Including but not limited to, general lighting systems, fire extinguishers, plumbing repairs, locks, and general furniture repairs, etc.
- Oversee inspections, preventative maintenance, repairs, work orders and complete necessary maintenance and repair records
- Gather proposals, approvals, schedule, oversee, and inspect the work performed by outside contractors.
- Assist with event set-up and help to assure that events are within company guidelines, in compliance with local code requirements, and meet safety standards
- Oversee and assist with minor space changes, minor construction improvements (i.e. painting), locks/keys, and performing work acceptance/punch-list processes
- Assist with budget management by ensuring projects, repairs, and maintenance is completed on time and within approved budget, including the support of future budget preparation by gathering cost information or estimates on future projects
- Respond to emergency maintenance situations during and after hours
What you’ll bring
- High school diploma or GED
- 4 years’ experience in building operations or maintenance or related field
- A current and valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a vehicle background check, conducted by Human Resources
- Certification in building or facilities maintenance, electrical, HVAC, or plumbing
- Experience with Building Management Systems (BMS) or similar building management systems
- Knowledge and experience with architectural plans, schematic drawings and floor plans
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with computer, tablet, Microsoft Office, and smart phone technology
- General knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Ability to work inside and out in various weather conditions, stoop, stand, walk, climb, and lift/carry loads of 50lbs or more.
- 07 level electrical license
- Experience overseeing and performing maintenance on a campus environment or with multiple locations
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Job Title: Senior Maintenance Technician
Job ID: 11759
Location: Spokane, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.